YOUR GIFT SUPPORTS A BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE PUBLIC SPACE AND AN IMPORTANT PART OF MIAMI’S HISTORY!
The Barnacle Society’s mission is to generate public awareness and financial support for the preservation and maintenance of The Barnacle Historic State Park. As with all 100-year-old properties, The Barnacle has many costly needs - far more than the State Park system can afford. Since its inception, The Barnacle Society has stepped in to fund these extensive needs including:
- A $136,000 fire-suppression system for the Barnacle's Main House and Boathouse
- A $180,000 Master Plan to address accessibility, erosion and sea-level rise issues
- Repairing the Hurricane Irma-damaged stone wall between the Park and the Abitare community
- A $25,000 restoration of the historic marine railway
- A new public restroom facility
- Ongoing maintenance of EGRET, a replica of Commodore Munroe's most famous sailboat designs
- An E-Z electric limo to provide mobility assistance for visitors
as well as funding other needs relating to the continued operation of the Park.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We are currently raising funds to replace the historic Boathouse roof which was damaged in Hurricane Irma in 2017 and has continued to deteriorate. Current estimates for this project are upwards of $70,000.
As you consider your gift, we hope you will think about this special treasure which is The Barnacle—a glimpse into our past reflecting the beginnings of what has grown to become the thriving City of Miami. As always, we appreciate your support, and your assistance is valued and appreciated. With your help, this special place will remain for all to enjoy for generations to come!